The Holmes County Fair takes place for 6 days each summer. The 2015 Fair from August 10th to August 15th marks the 92st year of presenting one of the most family-friendly and affordable entertainment experiences of the area's summer season. We look forward to another sucessful fair, and we are very excited as we move forward with the relocation project. Hopefully the 2016 fair will be in our new location at "Harvest Ridge".
~~ Updates ~~
* The Harvest Ridge project is undergoing some exciting phases, as topsoil is being spread, and the final grading is taking place Seeding has begun as well and soon green grass will be growing over the entire area! The entry drive behind the New Pointe Church has fresh limestone applied. The parking areas are being rolled, and limestone will be applied to those areas in the coming weeks. The Township Road 301 project is taking place, which will make the road leading to SR 39 much safer for area residents. We’ll keep you posted as to when some of the “heavy equipment” will be out of the area, and we can invite the public to come in and tour the grounds! Thanks for your continued support as we move toward the 2016 Holmes County Fair at Harvest Ridge!
* 2015 Holmes County Fair “Official Book” is printed and available for pick-up at the OSU Extension office, or any Holmes County office of the Commercial and Savings Bank
* New Livestock Barn funded by Generous Donation from Sterling Humrichouser
* Concession Contracts have been mailed.
* The Holmes County Fair Board wishes to thank all of the many volunteers,
as well as financial contributors who made the Holmes County Fair another success this year. When we have a needs, such as gravel for muddy drives, people come thru to make things happen either free or greatly reduced costs to help us out. We are fortunate to be a part of such a generous community.
Once again this year purchasers of 4H and FFA livestock projects came thru with another record. Nearly $543,000 was spent over the two nights of auctions. These youth are to be commended for donating approximately $10,000 of this back to the Harvest Ridge project, where the new fairgrounds will be located.
Where will our 2015 fair be? All of those involved in the decision making process related to the relocation of the new fairgrounds will be evaluating the factors over the next few weeks which will determine the ability to have the new grounds to at least minimum standards to host a fair. We are getting closer every day of financial goal to get us to this point. Weather has certainly caused delays in excavating, storm water, and the utility phases that need to be completed before any move.
YOUR HELP IS NEEDED: Any contributions are welcome and important. We are pleased to have Matt Hughes assisting us in the fundraising process. His many years of experience in fundraising for non-profit causes is impressive, and Matt welcomes the opportunity to meet with you or your group to discuss the project. Tom Wilke continues to coordinate our efforts, with much of his time dedicated to the management of the construction project and its various phases. To reach Matt or Tom, contact 330-763-2954. Email Tom at firstname.lastname@example.org . The mailing address for the Harvest Ridge Project is:
Holmes County Economic Development Council Harvest Ridge project
Attn: Tom Wilke 2 Court St. Millersburg, OH 44654
Again, thank you for a great fair. Thank you for your current and future support of our planned efforts to move the fair to a safe, dry location which will create a year-around multi-use location, with the centerpiece being host of the Holmes County Fair
* Like us on FaceBook to be the first to know what is happening at the new fairgrounds as well as the current fairgrounds. Friend us on FaceBook ... Click Here.
VISIT "HARVEST RIDGE" and The Holmes County Fair pages ON FACEBOOK for Updates and Photos of Construction Progress! Keep up-to-date on the progress of your NEW Holmes County Fairgrounds by visiting "Harvest Ridge" on Facebook! Click Here! and for The Holmes County Fair Facebook Page Click Here.
Holmes County Fair makes appearance on BBC with article and video from the rodeo. Click here to see the story.
The Holmes County Fair are located just west of Millersburg on State Route 39. Millersburg Ohio is located in the heart of the largest Amish population, making your visit to the Holmes County Fair a unique and enjoyable experience.